2015 Domaine Albert Mann Pinot Gris Grand Cru "Hengst", Wintzenheim, Alsace, France, 750ml
Sale price $350.00 Regular price
- The result of cooperation between two ancient Alsatian winegrowing families: Mann and Barthelmé, both involved in winemaking since 17th century.
- Now run by brothers Maurice and Jacky Barthelmé in the village of Wettolsheim, near Colmar.
- Biodynamically farmed 19ha of vineyard, including 5ha in Grand Crus.
- 100% Pinot Gris from a marly, sandstone rich terroir.
- Producer's note: The nose is expressive, clear and pleasant on the yellow fruits, quince and mirabelle. The attack on the palate is ample with a lot of powerful. The palate makes us salivate on apricot notes. The length is masterly.
- "The 2015 Pinot Gris Grand Cru Hengst is a gorgeously rich, intense and powerful Pinot with an oily texture, a vital acidity, great tension and length. Impressive!" 93/100 Stephen Reinhardt for The Wine Advocate/Robertparker.com