2015 Domaine d'Ourea Gigondas, Rhône, France, 750ml
Regular price $350.00
- A biodynamic estate in Vacqueyras and Gigondas owned by dedicated vigneron Adrien Rousten.
- From a line of Rhône winemakers, Adrien studied in Dijon and cut his teeth working at DRC.
- From 5ha of owned vineyards in the appellation, on the high slopes of the Dentelles.
- 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 10% Cinsault from "Le Grand Montmirail" grown in high altitude (400m).
- Matured in concrete tanks.
"Ruby-red. The intensely perfumed nose evokes ripe red and dark berries, potpourri and white pepper, backed by a hint of musky herbs. Juicy and supple on the palate, offering sappy black raspberry and cherry liqueur flavors that fan out nicely on the back half. Shows very good clarity and lift on the floral-driven, gently tannic finish, which leaves a sweet dark berry note behind. There's no shortage of fruit here."
92/100 Josh Raynolds for Vinous