2016 Domaine d'Ourea Gigondas, Rhône, France, 750ml
Regular price $330.00
- A biodynamic estate in Vacqueyras and Gigondas owned by dedicated vigneron Adrien Rousten.
- From a line of Rhône winemakers, Adrien studied in Dijon and cut his teeth working at DRC.
- From 5ha of owned vineyards in the appellation, on the high slopes of the Dentelles.
- 70% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 10% Cinsault from "Le Grand Montmirail" grown in high altitude (400m).
- Matured in concrete tanks.
- "Vivid ruby-red. Lively aromas of cherry, raspberries and garrigue , along with a smoky mineral nuance that adds clarity and lift. Sweet red fruit flavors are given an exotic quality by floral pastille and Asian spice notes that build steadily on the back half. Fine-grained tannins lend shape and gentle grip to the persistent finish, which leaves a suave lavender note behind." 91/100 Josh Raynolds - Vinous.
- 91/100 Joe Czerwinski for The Wine Advocate/robertparker.com.