2018 Domaine d'Ourea Vacqueyras, Rhône, France, 750ml
Regular price $300.00
- From a biodynamic estate in Vacqueyras and Gigondas (Southern Rhône) owned by dedicated vigneron Adrien Rousten.
- From a line of Rhône winemakers, Adrien studied in Dijon and cut his teeth working at DRC.
- 65% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 5% Carignan, 5% Mourvèdre..
- From an ideal blend of terroirs: "Hautes Garrigues" (red clay gravel) and "Pendants" (blue and yellow marl). Each terroir brings its originality. The Garrigues - finesse and minerality; The Pendants - the power and depth. Vineyard planted in 1950.
- "Deep brilliant ruby-red. Primary red and blue fruit aromas are complicated by suggestions of baking spices and pungent flowers. Juicy and open-knit, offering appealingly sweet raspberry and mulberry flavors and a zesty suggestion of white pepper. Finishes long and supple, with gentle tannins coming in late. 30% whole clusters and all concrete for aging."
91/100 Josh Raynolds for Vinous.