True American Spirit For 4th July - Independence Day Specials From KOVAL
Koval Single Barrel Rye Whiskey, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Regular price $650.00
- Founded in 2008, a fully in-house, "grain to bottle" craft outfit and Chicago's first distillery since the 1800s.
- Founders Robert and Sonat Birnecker chose to leave their academic careers to bring the distilling traditions of Robert’s Austrian family to America, and create a new signature style using only the "heart" cut of the distillate.
- The name Koval means "blacksmith," in numerous Eastern European languages and "black sheep" in Yiddish - or someone who forges ahead or does something new or out of the ordinary.
- All are single barrel, organic and Kosher certified.
- 100% Rye sourced from farmers in the Midwest and aged in beeswax sealed and charred oak barrels from Minnesota.
- "Best International Whisky", InterWhisky 2013
- 91/100 Wine Enthusiast.
- 750ml, 40% ABV, 80 proof.