2008 Taittinger Champagne Brut Millésimé, Sebastião Salgado Edition, 750ml, (Gift Boxed)
Sale price $1,350.00 Regular price
- Ex winery direct.
- 50% Chardonnay, 50% Pinot Noir. Only first-press juice.
- 70% Grand Cru, 30% 1er Cru.
- Aged 5 years in the cellar before release.
- Since 1983 Taittinger has collaborated with some of the world's most exciting contemporary artists to create a fitting adornment for their excellent vintage cuvées.
- In 2016, for the 14th edition in this prestigious gallery, famous Brazilian photographer Sebastião Salgado was given a bottle of 2008 Taittinger, and was inspired to decorate it with his photograph depicting a leopard drinking from a life-giving river in Namibia.
- "The 2008 Millésime Brut is a 50/50 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir with a large percentage of Grand Cru and Premier Cru origins. Fresh and subtle on the pure and mineral nose with its sweet cherry aromas, this is a lean, straight, pure and elegant cuvée with mineral complexity, tension and a persistent finish. An exciting mineral and also fruity 2008 that balances the vintage's acidity with a full body."
91/100 Stephen Reinhardt for The Wine Advocate/Robertparker.com