Oenotrus Hong Kong
2009 Croix de Beauséjour St Emilion, Bordeaux, France, 750ml
Regular price $550.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- The small, 6.75 hectare vineyard of Beausejour Duffau-Lagarrosse is planted to 80% Merlot, 19.5% Cabernet Franc and .5% Cabernet Sauvignon on top of the plateau.
- The average age of the vines is close to 35 years of age, with some vines being much older. The elevations on the hillside terroir ranges from 45 meters to 70 meters at its peak. The vineyard is managed using sustainable farming techniques with the goal of natural, low yields. In many years, yields might be as low as 20 hectoliters per hectare or even less.
- Full organic methods are employed in the vineyard without certification. The grapes are 100% destemmed before the whole, not crushed berries are moved by gravity where the grapes undergo a cold, pre fermentation prior to whole berry fermentation. The vinification takes place in small, temperature controlled, open top vats that range in size from 49 hectoliters up to 83 hectoliters.
- Malolactic fermentation at Beausejour Duffau-Lagarrosse takes place in barrel, with the first six months spent on its lees, which are not stirred. The wine of Beausejour Duffau-Lagarrosse is aged in 75% new French, oak barrels for about 18 months.
- The second wine is only made in select vintages.