2017 Domaine Michelas Saint-Jemms Saint-Joseph "Sainte-Épine" Rouge, Northern Rhône
Regular price $295.00
- From one of the oldest family estates in the region.
- 100% Syrah/Shiraz from a high altitude granite rich vineyard site in the appellation.
- Selected and hand picked plot by plot from average 30 year old vines.
- Grapes are 100% destemmed.
- Vinified in concrete vats with 12 months maturation in vat and in oak barriques (2nd and 3rd use).
- "Opaque ruby. Mineral-accented black and blue fruit and floral aromas are energized by a jolt of peppery spices. Fleshy, juicy and nicely concentrated, offering ripe boysenberry, cherry and floral pastille flavors that tighten up slowly on the back half. Densely packed yet energetic as well, finishing with very good clarity, smooth tannins and strong persistence."
91/100 Josh Raynolds for Vinous
- 91-93/100 Joe Czerwinski for The Wine Advocate/Robertparker.com.
- Part of The Northern Rhône Pre-Arrivals Collection.