2018 Domaine Michelas Saint-Jemms Crozes-Hermitage Rouge "Le Chasselière", Northern Rhône
Regular price $250.00
- From one of the oldest family estates in the region.
- 100% Syrah/Shiraz from vines grown in the famed "Le Chassis" plain of the appellation, just outside of Tournon.
- Alluvial soil rich in pebbles.
- Vinified in concrete vats with 12 months maturation in vat and in oak barriques.
"From plots in Mercurol and Post de l'Isère, the 2018 Crozes Hermitage la Chasseliere ratchets up the intensity, delivering more depth and richness than the earlier-bottled cuvées. Dried spices and cracked pepper accent black cherries and cassis in this full-bodied, velvety wine. Ripe and long on the finish, it should drink well for 5-6 years.
90-92/100 Joe Czerwinski for The Wine Advocate/Robertparker.com.
- Part of The Northern Rhône Pre-Arrivals Collection.