2018 Domaine Michelas Saint-Jemms Saint-Joseph Blanc "Saint-Épine", 750ml
Regular price $295.00
- From one of the oldest family estates in the region.
- 100% Marsanne, hand picked from 30 year old vines grown in granite rich soils.
- Full barrel vinification, with a third in new French oak, and the rest 2nd and 3rd use.
- Matured for a further 6 months, a third in barrel, and the rest in stainless steel.
"All Marsanne from a high-altitude vineyard that may be excluded from the appellation in the future, the 2018 Saint Joseph Blanc Sainte Epine boasts floral scents alongside vibrant apricot, nectarine and tangerine notes. It's full-bodied (14.5% alcohol), round and succulent yet kept lively on the long finish by silky tannins and hints of white pepper."
92-94/100 Joe Czerwinski for The Wine Advocate/Robertparker.com.
- Part of The Northern Rhône Pre-Arrivals Collection.