Oenotrus Hong Kong
2018 Klein Constantia "Vin de Constance", Western Cape, South Africa, 500ml
Regular price $650.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Available in individual gift boxes.
- 100% Muscat de Frontignan late harvest, with no less than 20 successive passages through the vines
- A vineyard covering just 16.5 ha with an extremely low production volume
- Ideally situated at an altitude of 350 m and enjoying the cooling influence of the ocean - crucial for its remarkable acidity to balance the sweetness
- A granite terroir with high clay content, naturally protecting the vines from water stress
- The experience of Hubert de Boüard (Château Angélus in Saint- Émilion) and Bruno Prats, Klein Constantia shareholders
- Ageing in oak and acacia barrels, as well as large casks, for three years
"The 2018 Vin de Constance was picked over 60 days, the second most prolonged picking since the maiden 1986 vintage. It was lightly pressed into 500-liter barrels for alcoholic fermentation, which can take up to six months, then matured on the gross lees in 60% new oak and acacia barrels. This vintage contains 172g/L residual sugar and 6.2g/L total acidity. It presents a vibrant, effervescent bouquet of freshly sliced grapefruit, fresh fig and citrus fruit, all penetrating, vivacious and tensile. The palate is beautifully balanced with a fine bead of acidity, impressive weight and notes of grapefruit and orange zest plus hints of stem ginger. The spiciness is accentuated toward the finish. Another outstanding Vin de Constance courtesy of winemaker Matt Day."
96/100 Neal Martin - Vinous