NV Taittinger "Folies de la Marquetterie" Cru Champagne, 750ml
Sale price $500.00 Regular price
- Made in homage to the Taittinger family's historic property in Pierry.
- Based around a predominance of fruit from the single vineyard overlooking the Chateau, but sometimes supplemented by fruit from Vezernay, Trépail, Mailly, Verzenay, and Hautvillers.
- 55% Pinot Noir, 45% Chardonnay. Vinified separately by plot, with a proportion vinified in oak barrels.
- 5 years ageing on lees before release.
- A powerful and structured, rare "Champagne de Terroir", made in the style of a bygone era.
- "It's one of the more vinous, muscular wines in the ranger, offering up aromas of red apples, peach, citrus oil and brioche, followed by a full-bodied, deep and structured palate, with excellent concentration, ripe acids and a chalky finish."
93/100 William Kelley for The Wine Advocate/Robertparker.com